Sotterley Grounds Remain Open 7 Days a Week
Monday - Saturday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Sunday 12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Grounds fee $5/person*
Children under 6 Free!
*Members free! Fees can be paid at the donation box next to the Visitor Center door.
Due to Covid, the Visitor Center, Exhibits, and Restrooms will be closed through the Winter Season!
Please continue to practice mask wearing and social distancing in accordance with State Guidelines!
Tour Season is officially over
However, tours are available by appointment on a limited basis
Please call 301-373-2280 to check availability
Appointments must be made a week in advance
In this next phase of reopening, we will be following all state, county, CDC, and OSHA guidelines. To ensure your health and safety, please follow these new policies to keep you and all who are on-site safe (more details available on the website):
- Check-in at Visitor Center. Face Masks are required in ALL buildings, and while taking Guided Tours.
- If you are sick or think you have been exposed to someone who is, please stay home.
- Guided Tours will take place outside and will NOT enter the Manor House.
- No on-site gatherings larger than 10 people.
- Restrooms are in the Visitor Center and are only available on days when the Visitor Center is open on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Social distancing of at least 6 ft. should always be practiced, and face coverings are required when this is not possible.
- Dogs are welcome but they must always remain on a leash and please pick up after them.
- Anything brought on site must be taken with you.
The health and safety of our guests, volunteers, and staff is our first priority. If guidelines are not being followed, we maintain the right to ask visitors to leave the premises. Historic Sotterley reserves the right to close the property at its discretion if conditions warrant.
These procedures are subject to change. Please check Historic Sotterley’s website prior to coming for a visit.
We are grateful to our local community and friends from afar. You are the reason why Sotterley exists.
In a world of changing realities, the importance of what Sotterley is and what it can uniquely accomplish has never been more relevant or more needed.
Please remember we are a non-profit that receives less than 10% of its budget from the County and State. We rely on the financial support of friends, members, family, and sponsors as well as event income.
Keep Sotterley moving forward in times like these.